Science International Undergraduate Scholarship UK 2018
The University of Sheffield is pleased to offer the Science International Scholarship 2018 to all international undergraduate students starting their studies in the Faculty of Science in September 2018.
Scholarships are designed to reward students of any nationality who demonstrate the highest academic excellence and potential.
The University of Sheffield is known for its international reputation for high-quality teaching and research excellence and because of the outstanding student experience that it offers.
- Application deadline: Januray 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded within the Faculty of Science at the University of Sheffield in September 2018. You must commence your studies of an undergraduate degree or foundation degree in September 2018 in one of the following departments at the University of Sheffield: Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, Department of Biomedical Science, Department of Chemistry, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Department of Psychology.
- Scholarship Award: The Science International Scholarship 2018 is worth £2,500 per year.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be
- You must commence your studies of an undergraduate degree or foundation degree in September 2018 in one of the following departments at the University of Sheffield:
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, Department of Biomedical Science, Department of Chemistry, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Department of Psychology.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the scholarships will be guaranteed in the first year of study. The award is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any other University of Sheffield scholarship, discount or reward as long you do not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards and all other eligibility and award criteria are met.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The Science International Scholarship 2018 automatic scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with an NCUK automatic award. The NCUK award will take precedence over the Science International Scholarship 2018 international scholarship.
English Language Requirements: Students may be required to take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
All applications for undergraduate study in the UK, including The University of Sheffield, must be made through an organisation called Universities and Colleges Admissions Service or UCAS. All applications must be made online through the UCAS website.
How to Apply: The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.